Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Palouse Double 2011

Scott and I organized the Palouse Double again this year, except instead of running the Headwaters Loop on Moscow Mountain and the loop on Kamiak Butte like last year, we ran on another part of Moscow Mountain and on a trail in beautiful Colfax, WA.

The event was a success, and we had fun running.  On Day 1, I put in 8.1 miles, and on Day 2, I ran 10 miles.  I felt pretty good about that (since I have my half marathon this weekend), but I have to admit that I took it really slow.  Between the climbing and the rainy, cold weather, I didn't feel very strong and fast.  I did, however, get some pretty great shots of the events...

Day 1:
Wet but beautiful
Great trail
Evidence of moose on Moscow Mountain (and of toe-lifting...)

Day 2:
Along the Colfax River

Nice trail

At the turnaround
 
View as I headed back to the car
18.1 miles later, I am a little sore, but I am glad I put in the miles.  I hope it'll help me in Seattle on Saturday!

<3

1 comment:

  1. 18 miles is 18 miles...your body won't know you did it in 2 days. You're ready for your half marathon. Have fun at Seattle R&R!
    Mike...TalesofTheRunner.

    ReplyDelete