Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Good News

Last night's 2.25 mile run with the Palouse Falls Beer Chasers was nice.  I jogged in the rain, and the cool breeze felt glorious on my hot face as I pushed my legs down the asphalt path and around the softball fields.  My first mile showed some improvement - a 9:51 pace.  I was really happy about that since it was nearly a minute faster than Monday's pace.  I don't expect this rate of improvement to last for long (obviously), but it sure is nice to feel like my body is already reacting to my attempts to get back into shape.

Another piece of good news is that I just signed up for my second half-marathon - The Rock 'n' Roll Half in Seattle, WA on June 25, 2011.  With Bloomsday coming up in May (7.46 miles), my training should be right on track for a half marathon in late June.  Yay!

<3

5 comments:

  1. Seattle Rock & Roll should be a fun half marathon with all the bands. Keep up the progress you're making and you'll be ready.
    ...Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Seattle R&R is awesome. I'm not sure if we'll be back from Florida by then, but if so, I'll be there with a giant sign :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Em! That would be terrific! If you can't make it, though, I completely understand. I look forward to talking to you again soon.

    ReplyDelete