Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ugh! Graston

This morning I went to physical therapy, and I am tired, sore, and bruising.  I don't mean to complain here - I mean, I know that this will help me in the long run and that I need to buck up - but the Graston Technique that Brandon used on me was really painful.  I couldn't even talk while he was doing it (which says a lot for those of you who know me).  :)  I basically just held my breath and waited for it to be over.

After that, I did a bunch of exercises - lunges, squats, and other creative drills with balance discs and resistance bands - to strengthen my hip and work on my balance.  My heart was pumping, and sweat was dripping down my temples.  As cliche as it may sound, I kept telling myself - "No Pain, No Gain." 

Finally, the session ended with a bunch of ice and Kinesio Tape


I just know that all of this is going to be good for me and that I will be a stronger runner... just in time for Spring, too!

<3

1 comment:

  1. You know what the best thing about Kinesio Tape is?


    ... cause I don't.

    ReplyDelete