Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Be Well Utah Virtual Walk, Run, & Roll 2021

On October 11, I got up early to complete the BWU Walk, Run, & Roll Challenge. Last year I finished in 43:20, and I was pretty confident that I could beat my time this year, despite my lack of training. 

I don't have a whole lot to report on this race, except that I wore the wrong pants (which fell down as I ran) and I felt good as I listened to my old iPod Shuffle and watched the sun rise. Here's a picture of me in my free race shirt and a pic of Salt Lake City around 7:30am.


I ran my first mile in 10:50, which was probably too fast for my fitness level (as evidenced by my 13:58 second mile). But it was nice to get a strong mile under my belt, and the remaining 2.1 miles weren't that bad. My average pace was 13:02, almost a minute per mile faster than last year.

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment