Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Ran a Mile

It has been a long time since I've been on a run.  I still exercise some - at home on the elliptical machine, at the park on my rollerblades, or around the neighborhood in my walking shoes - but one seldom sees me jogging on Pipeline Trail or joining Scott on Antelope Island.

But, I have a couple of activities coming up, and it seems that I had better run a little if I want to participate... and survive.

One, I signed up for Bloomsday again, and we're flying to Washington to see our friends and run the race this weekend.  (I am still not convinced that I want to run and hold up Scott (et al?), as I won't be finishing as early as everyone else.   After all, we could be spending more time socializing at No-Li Brewery instead of dealing with the consequences of my slowness.  Sigh.) 

And two, I'm Scott's back-up support runner for Scotland in June, and while I am barely ready to face the rain, the cold, the midges, and a hurting runner for 95 miles, I'm currently unprepared to run any section of the West Highland Way.

I have no training plan beyond losing a few pounds before the trip (it is easier to move a lighter body than a heavier one), but I am trying to be consistent about exercising, and I did go on one run last week.  On Wednesday I walked two miles and ran one, which isn't a big deal, I know, but I felt pretty good that after a long time of no running, I was able to run one whole mile at a 10:49 pace.  I know I should do more to train, but with working full time, keeping a clean house, cooking meals, buying a home, and traveling most weekends, I don't have the time or energy (or desire) to go running.

Regardless, here are a couple of pics from my "run."  I took them during my walking sections. :)

<3


Twisted Trees

Paved road/trail with forest and stream
Relaxing at the end

No comments:

Post a Comment