Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pullman Winter Race Series #3

Saturday was the third of four races involved in the Pullman Winter Race Series.  We had a great turnout with 13 runners compared to the 7 we had back in December.  It is amazing what a little word of mouth and the lack of a blizzard will do for a race!

The race started at 8:00, and by 8:03, there were no other runners in sight.  No, I wasn't so fast that I passed them all up; I was running my 12-minute pace in the back, and I'm pretty sure all the other runners were on speed or something. 

On a positive note, I ran faster this month than last month.  This time I came in at 1:37:48, which is a 12:37 overall pace and 25 seconds/mile faster than my December time.  I attribute most of the improvement to the weather conditions, but it still feels good to have done so much better this race.  I am happy with my pace for a 7.75-mile course and know that I would have been faster in a 5K and slower in a marathon.  I am pretty consistent and run almost daily, even if it is just a couple of miles.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment