Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

CDA 5K

I am really behind on my blog here, but I wanted to post a quick little something to document my latest race - the Coeur d'Alene 5K.  The course was very pretty, and my legs felt good the whole time.  I ran with a pack of middle-aged women and only sprinted past them in the last tenth of a mile or so.  My finish time was a 31:21 (10:05 pace), my fastest to date.

Once I crossed the finish line, I didn't stop to catch my breath or get my free beer.  Instead, I decided to run the course again and add a couple of miles to it.  That day, I ran a 5k, ran another five miles or so, and then walked two.  Hopefully that ten-mile run with help prepare me for my big race next month.

<3

3 comments:

  1. Bravo you! Sounds like you're whipping yourself into prime half marathon shape. I'm not sure if I'm running the Seattle Half yet, but I'm trying to keep in shape on the west side.

    Maybe see you in Pullman in a few weeks, depending on how our Helena house hunting trip goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like had the 5k wasn't enough so you kept on running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skip the beer? To run? Oh, i'll never understand runners.

    ReplyDelete